Peace to the Sky
Sky to the Earth
Earth beneath the Sky
Strength in Everyone.
~ from Morrigu’s Prophecy

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Seeing The Forest, In Spite of the Trees...

By Michael A. Melton, Psy.D.,
Compass Morainn Journal
Please distribute freely.

I guess this is more of an opinion paper than an article, per se. Perhaps it is a plea. I feel, however, that we need to really understand some fundamentals about the way things are. I have always asked “Why?” I have never been afraid to ask. We must learn to pay close attention to our existence, and our place in this world. I want us to stop being used, and become empowered, in order to take back what is ours, namely, the earth and all of it’s resources and wonders. So, bear with me, and I hope you get on board and take action. It’s the only way we’ll get out of this alive…

Did you ever have a day where you had an overall goal you wanted to reach by days end? What normally happens with me is that I get caught up in the details, and by the time lunch rolls around, I forget what it was I wanted to accomplish that day, until it’s too late. Laying in bed at night it suddenly hits me! I did nothing to reach my goal, and I feel frustrated and cheated. And of course, the only one I have to blame is myself. Now, I want you to remember this little snippet of my life, because it comes to play a little later on in this article – like, when it comes to the moral of the story.

I have bad news. We are all being grossly mismanaged. We are allowing ourselves to be manipulated, and fed, and gagged, on details that have no relevance to our reason for being, living, and surviving. It is pervasive. On our TV’s, radios, billboards, and anywhere where the consumer is afoot. I think everyone has read an article at one time or another recently that points this fact out. We are an intelligent species, and yet, we fail to learn even the most fundamental lessons. Those who don’t study and learn from history are bound to repeat it, for whatever it is worth. Or perhaps what we learn as history is not quite how it happened. Perhaps it is an embellishment on the facts, created to suit some nefarious purpose. What if I am correct? What if the truth were something so shocking, so culture-shaking, so strikingly different than what we are used to, that we have been kept from it? What if the “what if’s” are what is?

I refuse to focus on religion or politics in a direct way, although those institutions are affected. But our faith, well, that is something that might just get us through the revelation of the truth – the forest, if you will. Remember – the truth will set you free, or will it? There are no guarantees, only the chances we take in our quest for answers.

Whether you agree or not, in my estimation, the last president of the United States elected by the people with any validity was John Fitzgerald Kennedy. He was just a tree in the forest, but my God, what an important tree. After his assassination in 1963, reality changed significantly. In my lifetime, that was one of the first major jolts I suffered that woke me up. I was only 8 years old then, but I still recall the anguish I felt as I saw both of my parents, and my aunts and uncles in tears, wondering if this would be the end of the world. Well, to me, it was. I held on to that anguish, and I never forget it, even to this day. It is the foundation on which I have built my reality. There occurred a true break from the innocence felt by many Americans, which at first we appropriately focused outward upon some strange and foreign culprit, bent on taking away our way of life. As time went on, I think I, along with many Americans realized that it was the first signs of a cancer growing from within. Every president since then has been pre-selected, in order to suit a particular elitist group of individuals who think they are intelligent enough to tell everybody else how to live. In 1963, the cancer attacked the Sovereign United States of America in a visible and open manner. And we stood by and watched, helpless.

It is solely my expression of feeling, but what is being held back from us in terms of technology, energy, as well as science, is incredible. We must all learn to follow the money if we want to find this incredibly pervasive cancer. Did you ever stop and ask yourself “Why don’t we have more electric cars?” “Why don’t we have a more efficient way to deliver electricity?” “Why are my energy bills so high?” “Why am I paying so much for fuel?” Well, the answer is, that we are all being grossly mismanaged, as I said earlier. And we are to blame. It is time for all of us to begin reading between the lines, to ask questions, and not be afraid. It is so important to wake up, because this will help us move on as a race and a species. We must live by the assumption that you can’t always believe what you read, what you hear, or even what you see. Allowing ourselves to be more sensitive to the evils in the world will help prevent it taking hold, but we must do more. We must call out to our fellow humans, and loudly let them know of the injustices we see and feel. We must set the example and take care of each other, and fight against being told what our reality is, and what we are allowed to think and feel. Wake up, my brothers and sisters, and with our Creator’s help, and a strong faith in a positive outcome, we shall prevail. Time is short, and we are many, many more than they are. Stand tall and strong, and know that truth is the only answer we will accept. And do not worry. When we work together as a people with a purpose and goal in sight, we are invincible.

The Big Picture

“Okay,” you say, “What the heck are you trying to say?” Well, in this small space, I am trying to say that each and every one of us are responsible for our own behavior. If we succeed, or if we fail, it is our work or lack thereof that created the outcome. The catch is, that we are also responsible for our fellow man, or, as the Youngbloods sang in that anthem of a sadly passed era “Come on, people now, smile on your brother. Everybody get together, try to love one another right now.” So, in the future, if we fail as a species, or propagate, we are all responsible. For every child that is starving, every heart that is breaking, every job lost, every marriage failed, every soul lost, we are responsible. We live in a difficult and “dis-informed” time. We live amongst the greedy, the power grabbers, selfish ones, people out for themselves, and we need to stop, and come together. We need to do simply that. If we want to get anywhere in this world, in this universe, we must first come together. Remember that little snippet I asked you to remember? Well, tonight, I shall lie down to sleep knowing I did something I planned today. I took responsibility, and I ask you to do the same.